The player here plays against the dealer not against any other player.
The object of the game is to reach the 21 points or to reach a score higher than the dealer but without exceeding 21.
The player takes two initial cards and sums their points up.
Kings,queens and jacks equal 10 points for each , Ace equals 11 points and the rest cards are equal there values.
There are three status of the game:
- Win: when the player or the dealer reach 21 points or ends with higher points than the other without exceeding 21 points.
- Bust: when the player or the dealer exceeded 21 points this will result in losing the game.
- Push: when the dealer and the player have the same points the player does not win or lose money on that hand.
That is how the game goes but what are the options for each player in the game?
Each player have 4 options and in some casinos you have 5 options in this game ,each option has a corresponding hand signal as following:
- Hit: to take another card from the dealer (signal: (handheld) Scrape cards against table. (face up) Tap the table or wave hand toward body.).
- Stand: when you do not want more cards (signal: (handheld) Slide cards under chips. (face up) Wave hand horizontally.).
- Double Down: when the player wants to increase the initial bet up to 100% (signal: Place additional chips beside the original bet, and point with one finger.).
- Split: only allowed at the first hand to split the cards if they are the same values with some restrictions. The dealer will split them and add a new card for each of them to have now tow hands with bet for each but the game for you is not blackjack 21 anymore.(signal: Place additional chips next to the original bet outside the betting box. Point with two fingers spread into a V formation.).
- Surrender: available only at the first hand the house takes half of the player bet if he was not interested in the hand and surrounded.